Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'M BACK...! (Part 1)

It's been a long time...a very long time! A lot has happened since I last blogged. First of all I finished my freshman year of college! Yay. Here is a picture of my sculpture project that I finished. This is the piece that I welded.
The cardboard mock-up is on the right side.
The front door revolves!
We made a high rise building as a class. The bottom floor was mine, the lobby. The second floor was a safe, the third floor a desk with a computer on top, the forth floor was a barred room with a glass roof, the fifth floor a clock, and on the top a deck with a pool and lounge chairs. It turned out pretty sweet!

Our teacher next to all the pieces stacked on top of each other
After I got home I spent a few days unpacking my stuff and eventually reorganized my room. I also went to quite a few open houses during the end of May and the beginning of June. I helped out with my cousin Dani's open house. We picked out decorations and then my grandma, mom, aunt, cousin and I set up. The open house turned out very nice!


 All the COUSINS together.
Front: Alex, Anna, Andrew (Dani and Taylor's cousins on the other side), and Lindsey
Back: Collin, Taylor, Dani, Me, Jessica, and Codi
The girls: Taylor, Dani, Me, and Lafawnduh :)
I have been keeping busy working this summer. I am working full time at the same assisted living center that I was at last summer. So far I have planned about 40+ flats of flowers, put MiracleGrow on the flowers twice, pulled many many weeds, painted a bit, got a nice tan, and am currently staining a fence! I'm really really enjoying my job this summer!

Lately on Thursday nights I have been playing softball with our work team. The first time I went to a game they were short on players so I had to play. I struck out and walked- not too great! I have played in two other games since.  We won all three of those games. The second game we won with only 8 players (the other team had at least 10)! Although I'm not very good I enjoy doing what I can. This involves not catching the ball and walking as much as possible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment