Sunday, November 20, 2011

Beautification Day

I have realized that I need to blog more frequently- I have so much to share! Especially this past week I was busy every moment so I have so much to tell. I'm going to try my best to give you a brief idea, in a series of posts, of what all I've been up to:


Last Saturday was Beautification Day at the church my relatives attend. This consisted of the members of the congregation and some kids from area schools and orphanages coming together to beautify the church. Back home we have a "Clean Up" day at church; here they have beautification day. The Pastor put a different spin on this and encouraged us to not only focus on beautifying the church, but our heart and mind as well. He asked us to think of specific things that we needed to change in our life- rip up the bad, throw it out, and fill up the holes with Christ so that Satan does not enter back into the empty space. It was a very interesting analogy. 


Some people pulled weeds, others picked up rocks, others moped and wiped down the chapel, some new flowers were planted, and a little painting was done. I primed the nursery with a large group of people. There were two small rooms, with very outdated murals on the walls, that we covered up. It took about 4 coats of paint to cover these murals. 
One room of the nursery
The other room (notice the wonderful angels)

I didn't take pictures yet of the nursery after we finished priming. I'm hoping to get some pictures later. However, I can assure you that it looks much much better!

The chapel (sanctuary)
Outside clean-up

The youth group here meets on Saturday afternoons. Last week, after Beautification Day, I attended youth group with the kids. I went again yesterday afternoon...I can already tell that the youth group here is pretty amazing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment