Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is a bit different around here. For one, it's an American holiday so the Haitians do not have off from school or work. For two, it is not cold here like it usually is in MI around the holidays. Currently it sunny and 91 degrees. And for three, we are not having a big Thanksgiving day feast. We are going to be in the car tomorrow, traveling- on our way to a spiritual retreat. 


I will be missing my family and friends AND football! (Mostly football...it occurred to me that I have not seen an NFL game since I left the states. Very saddening.) I love my family and friends dearly, and I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! As much as I wish I was at home for the holidays I'm very excited to be experiencing them here. Much time this weekend will be spent on a beach along the ocean!! However, I'm sure you'll be in my thoughts too ;)


I am so blessed and have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving:


A great trip here,
A wonderful family that worked hard to make this entire trip come together,
Many, many encouraging friends and a supportive church,
Overall good health,
Welcoming relatives here that have been accepting, helpful, and so patient with me,
And a God who always provides. I have met, and exceeded my fundraising goal by $100! It was almost exactly a month from the time I sent out my letters to the day I found out that I had all my funds in! Praise God! I have not stopped thanking Him!


John 14: 11-14
Jesus said, 11 "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

1 comment:

  1. then turn on the tv and watch some football (collin)

    ReplyDelete