Friday, October 1, 2010

Word to the Wise

DO NOT ever ask those majoring in art to do math!  Bad idea all around.

Today at work I was supposed to hang up art pieces on the walls in the ArCC.  My teacher explained to me how everything needed to be equally spaced.  He then went on to give me a complicated mathematical formula for how to divide the space up.  As you can see in this first picture, I was able to do my math!

Now when I went to hang up the next five pieces I had someone helping me.  Lauren and I both did the math, hung up the pictures to no avail, redid the math, hung up the pictures wrong again, tried one last attempt at math and then gave up.  We asked our boss for help, after she witnessed our struggles, and she just told us to eyeball it.  She said, "Well, the pictures are about congestion and tension so the way you are hanging them up creates tension and congestion!"  There you have it- because we can't do math the pictures now create tension and congestion when viewed by the human eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment