Monday, January 2, 2012

Good Friends and Food

Christmas morning we ate home-made cinnamon rolls for breakfast! I wanted to make something for us for breakfast so I found some recipes. Both of the recipes called for the tube of crescent rolls. Well, when we went shopping Saturday afternoon at the little corner grocery store they did not have crescent rolls (much to my dismay). This wasn't all bad though because instead Ruth and Natasha taught me how to make cinnamon rolls from scratch!! I had never made bread from scratch so I learned something new. After the bread dough was made Tasha showed me how to make it into cinnamon rolls. Saturday afternoon Natasha, Malieke and I also made chocolate covered brownie bites with M&Ms on top. Mmm mmm good!

After church we had some people over- 6 families and Jenny! 31 people total...which meant we had a lot to get ready. Everyone pitched in to help. Taressa and I made apple crisp while Howard carved the turkey. Natasha helped make the punch and Ruth made sure everything else got done. It was a success!

It was kind of like Thanksgiving (we didn't have a Thanksgiving this year because we were in the D.R.) We ate turkey for Christmas dinner, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and some salads.

The table set for dinner! So pretty!

Jenny, Joy and I
After dinner we sang some songs. We sang the 12 Days of Christmas- our own Haiti version. Ruth split us up into groups and we had to chose something new for each number. Then we wrote what we chose on a piece of paper and went around the circle singing the song. It was a lot of fun!



Later on in the night a few people stayed and we played Catch-a-Phrase for a few hours! It was a memorable Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment