Wednesday, February 23, 2011

He Is Waiting

Personal devotions. Quiet time with God. "Lectio divina: reading, thinking, praying, and living scripture with the intention of inviting an infinite, omniscient God into your life. Lectio divina is more Bible basking than Bible study, as it teaches you to absorb and meditate on scripture, to converse with God openly, and to live out what has become a part of you- His word." (The Message Remix: Solo, Eugene H Peterson)

In the past few months I have been trying to make time for devotions when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed. Usually I have such busy days that I often skip one time or the other. The Lord God is patiently waiting to converse with us. In the busyness of our lives, we often do not make time for Him. However, when we wait upon the Lord he will reveal himself to us. I find that my days go much better when I quiet myself before the morning begins and take time to sit and listen in the Lord's presence. God is waiting to speak to you today- have you stopped to listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment