Sunday, December 12, 2010

Art: that's about all.

Over the past few days I have been doing nothing but art homework! Very exciting (if you like art), which I am learning to like more and more.


For my 2 art exams I have tons of homework! First off, I have to create yet another craypa piece, this last one in color again.  I have to use complimentary colors or split complimentary colors.  This piece is due tomorrow (I haven't started it yet!) Side note: I now know that I'm a crazy art person, because when I looked at my computer screen background, the first thing I thought of was that it uses analogous and complimentary colors!
The red orange and yellow are analogous colors; the complimentary color of red is green!
Color piece #1- secondary triad
Color piece #2- analogous colors
Tomorrow I also have to turn in my color workbook! This is basically a short paper that the professor made with all of the color terms on it for us to define, because our class did not know the color definitions well enough.  There are words such as value, hue, intensity, tone, shade, value inversion of a color and beyond analogous to be defined.


I also have to have my 18 pages of our other color workbook finished.  This assignment required us to mix up each individual color to match the colors on the 12 step color wheel and then use them to fill out the assigned papers. I have 17.5 pages done and I plan on completing those in the morning!
12 step color wheel 
18 page color workbook


On Tuesday morning I have an individual critique with my 2D design professor.  I have to talk for 10 minutes on each of the craypa pieces I made this semester.  Luckily there are only 9 pieces.  I have to discuss the elements of design and the principles of organization that I used in each piece.  Then the professor will tell me what he thinks of my work this semester.  I am not looking forward to this meeting :(.


And on Thursday I have my other art exam, Art Fundamentals. For this one, I have to write an essay about the major movements in Abstract Expressionism, Neo-dada, and Pop Art.  Then I have to explain "the major tenets of each movement and how they relate to one another as a whole."  I mostly have my essay all outlined and written, so now I just have to memorize it.  


The last thing I have to do for this exam is be able to identify 15 slides of artwork by which historical movement they are from. The catch here is that there are 19 historical movements that we have discussed so far: Prehistoric, Egyptian, Classical, Early Christian, Renaissance, Mannerism, Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassicism, Romanticism, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, Cubism, Surrealism, Abstract Expressionism, Neo-Dada, Pop Art, Minimalism, AND Conceptualism.  I would tell you how all the art in each movement is different, but I don't want to bore you any longer!


Back to my homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment