Friday, December 3, 2010

Determination

I am my mother's daughter... 


Every Friday morning I wake up and clean my "house" (dorm). It has been instilled in me, that on Friday and Saturday's, every week, the "house" has to be cleaned. So that is what I do!


When I have people coming over to my "house" (dorm), the house has to be perfect. Some friends are coming over to my room later to watch a movie; I had to put everything away, take out the garbage, and vacuum the floor so the room looked good! I just didn't feel right until everything was neat and clean.


I am my father's daughter...


I wake up at 7:30am every morning to get to "work" (do my homework), even though my classes don't start till noon. People tell me I'm crazy...I just tell them that I have a lot to get done in my day!


I am sitting here, at work, on a Friday night. I also volunteered to work tomorrow afternoon and tomorrow night.  Why waste valuable time?  (Jenna is also gone, so I thought, "Hey, if I can pick up some extra hours- I have nothing better to do!")


I would like to thank my parents for the way they raised me. Especially for ingraining a good work ethic in me. 


“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” George Lorimer

No comments:

Post a Comment