Wednesday, March 23, 2011

101st BLOG POST

This is officially my 101st blog post! I apologize for the lapse in blog posts- from here on out I will try to post more regularly.

I arrived back to school on Sunday night from spring break, not feeling one hundred percent. It turns out I had the start of a cold and it continued to get worse, not better, as the days went by. I took some NyQuil on Monday night but it did not do much for me. Then yesterday I made it through 1.5 hours of my first class before I left, retreated to my room and slept on and off the rest of the day. Last night the NyQuil worked wonders and I got a full 12 hours of sleep with out waking. I am feeling a bit better today and I accomplished a few things too.

In class on Tuesday morning we had the critique for our pixilated portrait projects-
I finished Brad Paisley over spring break. It took a loooong time to complete! But thankfully I got it done. The professor said that it was good except for the colors should probably have been different. He thought it needed some warmer colors, like dark green or blue, to help with the value scale. Whatever...what's done is done.

I had a great spring break for the most part. On Saturday night my friends and I went to see our high school play. My good friend Stacey was in the play- she did a wonderful job dancing. The the play was very funny and the actors were amazing.
Me, Stacey, and Tori
Monday through Thursday I worked. I spent most of my 8 hour days stripping wall-paper. Needless to say, I know the BEST way to get any kind of wallpaper off the walls. When I wasn't working I was either shopping (I bought some new clothes and some stuff for future art projects), doing homework or spending time with my family.

On Thursday morning my parents left for Florida so I brought them to the airport. What I did not realize was how much more responsibility I would have once they left. I was in charge of my brothers for a few days- I had to make sure they made it to school, make/buy them dinner, and do their laundry, among other things. That made life a bit more hectic! I can't even imagine how my mom takes care of us day in and day out. No wonder she is so busy all the time :) Thanks for all your hard work mom!

Saturday night my grandparents came and I got to spend some time with them before returning school. Then, Sunday afternoon I worked on my sculpture project before we left to head back to school. There were five girls in the car riding back, which meant a whole lot of stuff. Basically everyone had a bag on their lap or surrounding their feet (except me, but I was squished in the middle back seat). The car got extremely hot and stuffy as the trip wore on. To top it all off, this was when I was not feeling the greatest so it made for one long car ride.

Now I am watching movies and enjoying not going to class. Yesterday Jenna avoided her homework by watching Mama Mia with me and talking with me. What a great friend! Today she was busy all day and so I watched Just Like Heaven by myself. This movie stars Reese Witherspoon who is my favorite actress. I was surprised to find out that Jon Heder is also an actor in this movie. If you don't know who Jon Heder is think....Napoleon Dynamite!
OH YEAH! This ranks pretty high among my favorite movies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment