Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Thoughts Are Not Your Thoughts

God has placed people in our life for a specific reason, to help us through a certain time in our life. 
I have always been told that things change- circumstances never stay the same. As I am finding out, the people in my life change too. I have grown closer to different people during different times. People I have been close to have moved away and I have moved away from people I am close to. 
At first this concept bothered me. Ever wonder why you couldn’t have been friends with that person you have such a good connection with a lot earlier in life. Or why that amazing person who helped strengthen your faith moved away. It just doesn’t seem fair. Job 1:21b reads, “the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” Here we are told that the Lord is the one who places people in our life, for however long it might be. The Lord is the one who takes people out of your life, or distances you from them. We need not get mad at God or think any less of him when he does this. God has a plan in everything he does. Isaiah 55:8 states, “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord.” We are called to trust God’s ways, even though we may not see the good in them or understand them.
God calls us to hope. We hope for the day when new people will be brought into our life to come close to us and help us though our journey. God has good things in store for those who love him and he is constantly blessing those who follow his ways. Psalm 84:11b, “The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.”

No comments:

Post a Comment