Monday, March 28, 2011

Bored? Not anymore :)

Amidst my long long list of things to do, I am once again procrastinating. I don't really want to study for my art history test right now. I am at work and this is shaping up to be the looonngest 1.5 hours of my life. There is nothing to do work wise, so I should be taking advantage of the peace and quiet by studying. 


I picked up a package from my friend on my way to work. First of all, you should know that she lives in Alaska. Second of all, I am forever thankful because she sends me sweet things (and we have a sweet pen pail correspondence). Thirdly, it is way cool that I get packages addressed from AK. Anyways, today I received a book. Not just any book...
(The writing on the book is backwards- I tried to change it for you all...no such luck)
this is "The Official Nancy Drew Handbook" by Penny Warner. Not gonna lie, I've never read Nancy Drew but from what I've read already in this book, she sounds pretty awesome. 


This book "will teach you how to live the Nancy life, with tips on fashion and beauty, romance and relationships, survival, sleuthing, and success." Currently I am reading, "How To Get the Most Out of Your Date." Point #1 is, "Accept invitations from a variety of suitors: You may be surprised to find that what you thought was your 'type' may not be as interesting as a man who doesn't quite fit your mold. Like trying a range of foods or solving a number of mysteries, dating a variety of men makes life richer and helps you gain valuable experiences- and often information- from each encounter. Even a seemingly average guy can offer some surprises, if you know how to find them." The things you learn! Up next, "How to Get That Ring on Your Finger and That Man to the Altar." I think I'm going to like this book :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE NANCY DREW!!!!

    P.S. I NEED PICS! =]

    -TORI

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 27, 2011

    this sounds like wonderful advice! so what different types of suitors are you going to try out???? i want details :D
    - Steph

    ReplyDelete