Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Do what you LOVE!

I really love to paint... I really love to help people! When Randy asked if I was interested in painting at their (the Broersma's and Lodder's) school, I was more than happy to help. 
About a month ago Natasha, Cornelius and I painted these bookshelves. Tasha and I brainstormed ideas of what to paint on the outside of the doors and then we picked the colors (the blue/green and the red) to go along with our design.


At the end of the day we had the base colors done. I couldn't wait to finish them...

This past Monday I had help in finishing the doors. Karen's sister, Nicole, and her friend, Sherrie, were in town from Canada. They are both super creative women- I am so thankful they came to paint with me! Nicole drew our design on the doors and then we all picked out colors. 
Nicole and Sherrie


And this is how they turned out!! Very bright and fun! Just like Tasha and I had hoped they would. Thanks so much Nicole and Sherrie :) I couldn't have done it without you.

You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you. ~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment