Thursday, April 12, 2012

Now You Are Sitting on Your Heavenly Throne

He was oppressed and afflicted,
   yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
   and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
   so he did not open his mouth.
By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
   Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
   for the transgression of my people he was punished.
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
   and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
   nor was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer.
   Isaiah 53:7-10 (emphasis added)


This past Thursday thru Sunday I was sick. Actually that depends on how you define sick- I just had terrible pains in my stomach. At times, the pain was so unbearable that I could hardly move. For awhile it hurt to laugh and I couldn't take a good breath. The pain would subside for a half a day (I was hopeful I was better) but then it came back even stronger than the previous time. Saturday night I hardly slept at all because the pain was excruciating! So, on Sunday morning my friends and family decided that it was time I see a doctor. I finally agreed with them. After a trip to a doctor friend of ours, he determined that it could be a kidney infection. I began taking an antibiotic which I have to continue to take the rest of the week. Sunday afternoon the pain subsided and I haven't had any more since! Praise the Lord! I'm so thankful for friends and family that care, those who lifted me up in prayer, and God's healing power.

Sadly, I missed the Good Friday service and the Easter Sunday service at our church. Yet, the reason behind these occasions didn't slip my mind. During all those painful hours my thoughts kept turning to Jesus and the cruel way he suffered for MY sins. They spit in his face, struck him with their fists, slapped him, flogged him, put a crown of thorns on his head, mocked him, spit on him again, struck him again, crucified him, then hurled insults at him and pierced his side. Oh, the excruciating pain he endured! Over and over again. For me! I got just a taste of what that must have felt like.

I thought my pain was bad but he must have been in so much more pain. Despite all that was done to him he did not open his mouth to defend himself. I'm convinced he didn't open his mouth, not only because he didn't feel the need to argue, but because it would have been even more painful for him if he had. For me, it hurt to breath at times, I had to exert extra energy to talk, and I was tired. I can imagine he must have felt the same. How terrible! And he didn't deserve any of that.

Thankfully, the suffering did not last for Jesus either. After three days he arose from the clutches of sin and death. He is alive! Now I can live forever with my King! I can't wait to come face to face with him and thank him. Oh, how I will thank him!

After he has suffered, 
   he will see the light of life and be satisfied.

   Isaiah 53:11

No comments:

Post a Comment