Tuesday, October 25, 2011

For Such a Time As This

I was asked the question, "How do you like not being in college?" Truth is, I like it a lot. I'm not stressed out like I was during the busy college life that I lead last year. I don't have to manage my time as well as I did last year. I don't have papers to write, teachers to answer too, or caf food to eat! These past two months have been enjoyable and somewhat relaxing.


Yet, I find myself missing the college life. Mostly just the social life I guess :) I have been visiting my friends at their colleges- I know my way around Calvin, Davenport, GVSU, and Cornerstone's campuses. (Well, let's say enough to get myself there, find my friends, and get back home without getting lost!) Believe it or not, I miss staying up way too late, multiple nights in a row, and then being so tired I can't think straight. I miss living in the dorms and being able to go visit my friends who are a hallway or a floor away. I sometimes even miss that craziness of life and the spontaneity.


As much as I miss it, now is not the time for college! I committed to Haiti and now is the time for me to leave and go serve alongside God. College will just have to wait :)


1 There is a time for everything, 
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:



 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.

 9 What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. ~Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment