Monday, October 17, 2011

YOU Put the Light in Me!

I had a very productive week, and a GREAT weekend:


Thursday night I got all of my fundraising packets completed. CRWM provided me with letters and envelopes, and then I wrote my own letters to go along with that. I distributed 63 letters to friends and family. My church had an offering for me on Sunday morning too. 


As of right now, I have $3,000 raised!! God is soo good! I am a only a bit surprised that this much money came within a matter of a few days. God promises to provide for our EVERY need. Phil 4:19, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." $6,000 looked like an insurmountable amount of money at first, but along the way I learned to trust God for the seemingly impossible.

Matthew 21: 18-22 18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.
 20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. “How did the fig tree wither so quickly?” they asked.
 21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”


Jesus said WE can move mountains. You won't ever see the mountains move if you don't have faith the mountains can move. Believe that God will work everything out for his glory! He can do the impossible in our lives!


Friday morning I got a hair cut. This was a big deal because I got a lot cut off and a lot thinned out. Thankfully, I really like how it turned out :) Friday night I hung out with Alicia...we watched a chick flick (which ended up being a huge disappointment) and ate ice cream. 


Saturday I made a lot of progress on my art classes. I finished picking out projects for the Tuesday/Thursday classes! Now I have to figure out just how many supplies I will need, compare costs, and then purchase everything. And box it up to be mailed to Haiti. I will also be teaching another art class on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. I don't know all the details yet...might not find out until I get there. So, I'm going to plan for that class as best as I can and figure out what supplies to bring for that one too.


Saturday night I hung out with my friends; we went out for a nice dinner and then walked around and took some pictures. It was so great to see everyone again and catch up on each others lives!





It was a perfect night- we had a great time! And I had a lot of energy...this was my third cup of coffee of the day :)



I have a lot to do once again this week. I'm going to try and figure out the exact day I will be leaving- hopefully this will be within the next 2.5 -3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment