Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Whatever I need to be, I'll be for you!

I am working on getting together an art program for the children in Haiti. I will be teaching art classes to 44 kids who live in an orphanage. I will be working with these kids twice a week, starting in January. This means that I need enough art projects for 40 days! I like to think of it as the 40 days of purpose :) The kids will be divided into two groups so I am preparing separate projects for the younger kids and the older ones. Thankfully my mom saved a lot of my art projects so I am looking back at those for ideas. Here are a few interesting pieces that I found:
Tree! Ha.
Firetruck- actually, not half bad!
Sledding- check out those legs! What was I thinking?!

I was quite the artist! 


I also have to purchase all the art supplies before I leave, then ship them down to Haiti. Again, a lot of work...but I'm enjoying the lesson planning so far. Let's hope the teaching goes just as well!


While I was digging through my old school work I found a project I did on Haiti from 5th grade; guess I had it on my mind way back then too! 




2 Corinthians 9:8- "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

No comments:

Post a Comment