Monday, October 31, 2011

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. ~Dr. Seuss

Friday was my last day of work! Sad day :( However, I arrived home from work to find that my boxes of art supplies had arrived! That was an exciting moment! After being completely overwhelmed by the many choices for art supplies my mom saved the day. She helped me work through my frustration and we decided what all I needed to purchase. I have almost all the supplies I need.

My mom pulled out the suitcases today...this is really happening. It still doesn't seem real to me that I'm actually leaving. I'm sure it will hit me when I'm in the airport or on the plane.

Last week I had the opportunity to speak with a couple from Haiti; they are missionaries living right near my relatives. They are in the states for 6 months, as part of their home service. They shared a lot about Haiti and I was able to ask them some questions. Among other things, I was told that it takes about 2-3 months to ship something to Haiti. I was planning on shipping all my art supplies but they told me that the best option, at this point, would be to take everything down with me in suitcases. So, now we are working on securing another suitcase for me. My mom would like for everything to fit into two suitcases and a carry-on. I am thinking I'll need another suitcase, but we'll see about that :)

I have lists all over the place... People to call, things to pack, items to buy, paper work to fill out, errands I have to run, ect. And, on top of that, I have a million and one things running through my head (stuff that hasn't been added to a list yet)... I am praying that I accomplish everything and remember to pack everything. Tomorrow is orientation!

Fundraising update: $4,375 / 5,600

1 comment:

  1. Well the day has arrived now. I can not wait to start reading about your journey that God has put you on. I am so excited for you Kati. (still not happy that its so far away)
    Talk to you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete