Thursday, October 27, 2011

Waiting...

"Cause I been waiting all my life For a break like this It's my chance of a lifetime, I just know it is I gotta go find these dreams Was the last thing that I said And then I did" ~Rascal Flatts


Waiting has been one of the most difficult things for me to learn and I still struggle with it. God is constantly teaching me to wait for things. 


Faith is waiting- preparing, obeying, and moving with God. He may withhold direction from you cause he wants you to seek him more intently. God is more interested in a relationship with you than in what you can do for him. Waiting reflects our absolute dependance on God.


God is NOT in a hurry! Just because you feel ready, doesn't mean you are ready. Trusting God's timing is huge! God may have you waiting because the timing is not yet right. We don't know what we need, but our heavenly Father does. He equips you for what is to come while you are waiting. {God is less concerned about where you get than the person you are becoming in the process.}


Looking back on my life, I realized that I was not ready to do mission work when I would have liked to. As much as I wanted to go when I was in high school, I was not ready. Even after I graduated from high school, I was not ready. I can see that the year I spent away at college was an important time in my life when God was working, preparing me for what was to come--


I've been waiting...and FINALLY I get to go! The waiting and depending on God was such a challenge. However, now I have a plane ticket :) On November 9 I will be on an airplane, headed for warmer weather and another spectacular adventure with God!


Praise the Lord for His guidance and HIS plan! Pray for these next two weeks to go smoothy. I have many things to finish up- it's crunch time... Good thing I work well under pressure!


"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

2 comments:

  1. KT. We have been, we are, and we will continue to ray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its pray not ray Sorry G pa

    ReplyDelete