Thursday, October 20, 2011

Overwhelmed

I thought it was hard coming up with an art program for 45 kids...try figuring out how many supplies you need for all the projects! I'm bringing basically everything with me- 


What size paper do I use for each project, what type of paper? I need to account for extra paper in case they mess up and for each paper that I plan to use in my examples/teaching. The paper comes in all different sizes so it's going to have to be cut down...but they don't have a paper cutter...  


How many groups do I divide the kids into for projects? What if there are more kids than I'm planning for? Can four kids use one watercolor tray or will it be best to get one tray per two kids? 


Then do I buy the watercolor trays with 12 colors or 24 colors? Not to mention there are about 20 different options for watercolor trays...each from a different manufacturer. And brushes, there are at least 12 different shapes brushes come in, long handled or short handled, natural or synthetic, soft or firm bristles...I could go on!


Also, this all involves math; math is not one of my strengths.


In the midst of my frustrations all I can do is SMILE! (I also keep reminding myself that this is much better than doing homework.) I am going to Haiti...to teach art classes...what an amazing opportunity!! I love ART and I get to share my love with these children. I feel as though I'm living a dream- but this is for real :) 


"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment