Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Blessing in Disguise

I am finished teaching! Sigh. Yay! :) This week I struggled to come up with projects for the kids. I thought back to the previous 19 weeks of classes... I don't know how I made it through. I sure didn't on my own strength.

There were so many mornings when I didn't want to get out of bed. Many times I had to give myself a pep talk before heading on to the next class. And those moments when you just want to strangle the kids- yup, had my share of those too.

But by the grace of God I always had just enough patience to deal with the kids, just enough ideas for projects, just enough time to prepare the materials, just enough Creole vocabulary to communicate in class, just enough energy to wake up each morning and then do it all over again week after week. 

I was entrusted with more than I could handle. God faithfully led me through each week.

     I believe that God totally, absolutely, intentionally gives us more than we can handle. Because this is when we surrender to Him and He takes over, providing Himself by doing the impossible in our lives. 
     I have learned to accept it, even ask for it, this "more than I can handle." Because in these times, God shows Himself victorious. He reminds me that all of this life requires more of Him and less of me. God does give us more than we can handle. Not maliciously, but intentionally, in love, that His glory may be displayed, that we may have no doubt of who is in control, that people may see His grace and faithfulness shining through our lives. 
     And as I surrender these situations to Him, watch Him take over and do the impossible, I am filled with joy and peace- so much more than I can handle.

     ~Excerpt from Kisses From Katie, by Katie Davis.

I was always quick to reminded others, "Don't worry; God never gives you more than you can handle." Although, now I too disagree with that. I have been living in this "more than I can handle" state and it has been such a blessing!

(Click on the photo to enlarge it)

No comments:

Post a Comment