Tuesday, November 2, 2010

For the times they are a-changin'

My cousins and I...way back when!
The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

~Bob Dylan


I've been thinking about how life changes.  Some change happens slowly and other change happens quickly.  Some things change for the better and some times it seems as though things are changing for the worst.  Growing up is a slow change.  The transition from high school to college seems to take forever.  When someone dies unexpectedly life changes real quick.  When one moves from one town to another the change is fast, but then it takes a long time to re-ajust to a new place.  Sometimes we don't like it when life changes.  I always wonder why I had to leave high school and all my friends :-(  Also, I wonder why I left my hometown and my family to take on college; a huge change?!  Often times good things come from change.  New circumstances provide ways for us to meet new people, form new friendships, and find out more about the person God made us to be.  Change is often scary, but through life's changes God promises to be with us every step of the way.


"The best is yet to come," is a very popular quote.  This can be thought of in the context of eternity.  The biggest change we have to look forward to is when Jesus comes again!  Our earthly bodies with be made new; there will be a new heaven and earth; and we will come face to face with God, praising him all day long.  In the mist of the sad/happy changes on earth, we can keep our focus on this amazing change that is yet to come.


On the subject of change...the seasons will soon be changing and that mean Christmas is coming!  Today Jenna and I listened to CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!  It is not to early- only 53 DAYS till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment