Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Other things may change us,

but we start and end with FAMILY!"

Although I'm a little bummed I missed hanging out with my friends this weekend (apparently they made some awesome/disturbing music videos, which I haven't had the chance to see yet!), I had a really good time with my family.

Thursday morning my parents and brothers arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Then my cousins, aunt and uncle came down and met us all at the family reunion. All of my Grandpa's father's side of the family meets at noon on Thanksgiving day to eat dinner together. This year there were 75 people at the gym to eat the potluck lunch together. I got to see the relatives that I know (and a bunch I don't know) who I only ever see once every two years. The food was very good :)

Friday morning the ladies got up around 6am to go shopping. We left the house at 7am and came back around 12pm. Our Grandma comes along shopping with us and lets us pick out our own Christmas presents. I really like how she does that:) We always have a great time together and find lots of good deals!

On Saturday, after sleeping in, us kids played Scattergories. It was a very interesting game. For some reason I could not think of any words and my younger cousin beat me. Some other people were having trouble thinking too... One person came up with "Scotch hop" for a game that started with S. "Scadoo" was another answer for a game. Two people wrote Chattanooga for a capital that started with C. Good thing we remembered the capital of Tennessee is actually Nashville! After we got bored with the game we got out of the house for awhile and took a walk downtown. We stopped at the park to play on our way back home. Then we played Sardines in the black basement; some of us were a little scared of the dark.

Later, my brothers and I went with my cousins family to pick out their Christmas tree at a local farm. First we went out into the field to look for a tree, but then we realized that the best trees were already cut down and setting inside the barn. They gave us a candy cane and amazing hot chocolate after the tree was picked out. Once we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, we ate dinner and then played a game. Eight of us played purple cow (aka Kemps), paired up in teams of two. Needless to say, there was much cheating from all ends of the table. Someone always cheats when we play games together!

No comments:

Post a Comment