Sunday, November 14, 2010

ROAD TRIP!

I took my first road trip as a college student this weekend but I'll get to that in a minute!  After class on Thursday we took some pictures outside in the leaves.


Jill, Me, and Danielle
On Thursday night we had some visitors who stayed over-night for Art Visit Day.  High schoolers from all over the country were invited to come and check out our school and the art department.  We didn't know what to do with our visitors, so we mostly just hung out and told them all about our school!

Friday I worked in the gallery for two hours.  This is the little table, inside the gallery, that I sit at and do odd jobs for my boss or my homework.
Friday at noon Jill texted me and asked me if I wanted to go to Calvin with her.  I told that I did not want to go because I was already planning on going to Chicago; she convinced me otherwise :)  We worked out a deal- my part of the agreement was that I had the privilege of going to MI with her.  After work I did laundry and packed up my things.  We left around 7:30pm.  The trip went well; we listened to country music the whole way there.  Once I got to Calvin, I stayed with my friend Julie.  We went running, played the game "all in the family," talked, and went to church together this morning.  I also hung out with my friend Min (and Jill too, when Julie was at work). 

Min, Julie and I
Sunday noon Jill and I left Calvin and went to have dinner with my extended family.  It was nice to see my family again!  We had potatoes for lunch and, of course, they were wrapped in foil...and, of course, there was a tin-foil ball war.  When we got back to campus Jill opened her purse and guess what she found inside?!  A tin foil ball! 
The trip back to school was very quick.  I colored pictures the whole time while we listened to Christmas music!  All in all it was a great weekend...now I need to attempt some homework :(





No comments:

Post a Comment