Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shop Class?

My sculpting class is basically shop class for awhile. We are working with wood for the next little bit of time. I never took shop in high school or learned how to use the tools, but thank goodness I grew up with a father who is a builder! My oh my....some of the girls in my class are scared to use the tools. I think that the power tools are pretty sweet. 


Today we learned how to use the band saw, miter saw, and the belt sander. The unfortunate thing is that we have to use all the tools the "right way." I mean come on... Like when we use the miter saw the correct procedure is: 1. Press the power button so that the saw spins 2. Pull the saw down in a even motion to cut through the wood 3. Leave the saw in the down position until the blade stops spinning completely 4. Release the saw back into the starting position. That process takes forever... I've watched my dad and all the other guys at work use the power tools the "wrong way" for so many years!! And they still have all their limbs.


Anyways, that is shop! Time for bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment