Friday, January 21, 2011

Spring Semester Classes

Yesterday morning I started up classes again. At 8:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Digital Media. Digital Media is basically a class about learning how to use Adobe Photoshop. The professor I have for that is also the professor I have for Sculpting.  He told us that he will be hard on us when it comes to critiquing our projects. He does this, he says, so that we will be more prepared for the art world when we get done with college- because not everyone will like what we do and praise us for our work. This could be a challenging class. Right after that I have Art History. I have the same professor I had last semester and I liked his teaching style. This class will be a bit harder this semester because it is a 200 level course. Yay :(  From there, I go straight to Sculpture. The sculpture class will be pretty intense too. We will be working with wood, welding and doing some other cool projects. I will keep you posted on my projects in this class. That concludes my art classes!


On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have English and Philosophy and then work in the gallery. English is at 9am, Philosophy at 11am, work at 12:30pm. My English professor is really funny. The English class is called, Intro to Literature, so we will read lots of books and write papers about them. Good thing I love to read! The first book we have to read is a comic book!! Yes, a comic book-
Blankets, an illustrated novel by Craig Thompson
My philosophy professor already annoys me. He talks all proper, and when a student raises their hand in class he points and them and says, "Yes please!" Yes, please....really? Who says yes please? I also have to read "The Giver" this weekend. Hmm, not sure about this class yet.


Also, on Friday mornings I have Weight Loss and Nutrition at 8am. This morning the students showed up but the professor didn't. We waited 10 minutes in the classroom for him and then we left. We got up early for nothing! He actually emailed us and said that he thought the class was at 9am not 8am. Wow! I'm kind of excited for this class because I really enjoy learning about nutrition and calories and the food pyramid and diets.


And that concludes the review of my new classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment