Monday, September 20, 2010

And So It Begins

I didn't have anything to do at work one day last week.  My boss told me that I could design a poster for the NY interim trip if I wanted.  Of course I wanted to, so I came up with an idea and then showed it to my boss.  She told me that she thought it looked good, but my "employer" Professor Bakker would need to approve of it.  She said that I should be prepared for him to tear it apart.  I showed Bakker the design and he made me changes a lot of things.  This is the final draft after an hour of going back and forth with him and revising it.  Apparently he liked it well enough to work with me, and yesterday I hung it up all around the art building!

I'm am very happy to be designing things on the computer again!  I have an art class right now consisting mostly of hand drawings, but computer generated art is what I like to do best.  I used the Adobe Illustrator program to make this, which I'm not very familiar with yet.  The software I used at home was different so this will be a learning process.

1 comment: