Friday, September 17, 2010

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD...

I attended Outcry tonight and it was amazing! They have these chapels every Thursday night at 10pm. We spend an hour singing praises to God. Tonight's theme was about LOVE...how God first loved us and how we in turn need to love others. We sang these lyrics tonight from a song by Phil Wickham called True Love:

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Search your heart you know you can't deny it
Come on, lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

We are free because Jesus died on the cross for our sins and gave us new life in him. We need to break down the walls between other people and love unconditionally, just as God did. God calls us to be a unified body of believers! Once again this brought me back to what I was thinking last night. I need to lose my life in order to find it- focus completely on God and then on others, instead of myself- and then I will truly be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment