Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Will Walk by Faith

even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares your will for me


Would I believe you when you would say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day 

~Jeremy Camp Walk By Faith


I have been feeling a little bit run down the past few days, because I can't get into the groove of doing homework. Homework and school seems so repetitive.  I go to class, get homework assignments, do the homework assignments, and then go to class and get more homework; this feels like a never ending cycle.  I have been putting off the homework by finding lots of other things to do.  Today I realized that I need to get serious about the whole homework business because, whether I like it or not, I will be in college for the next four years.  Then this morning I woke up and read this in my email, "As the semester gets into full swing, we all find ourselves feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and exhausted.  In today's chapel, Prof. Lous Sytsma will deliver a message entitled "Keep Walking,"  in which he uses Isaiah 40:28-31 to show us how God will provide us with rest, strength, support, and direction if we keep walking with him."  So, I went to chapel!


Prof. Sytsma shared Isaiah 40:31 with us, "but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will walk and not be faint."  This was exactly what I needed to hear.  I need to press on towards the prize, in this case, college graduation. After I get through with the homework I will be done with college and hopefully have a full time job.  Scary.  As for now, I am making the resolve in whatever I do to, "Work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23


On a lighter note, I received two packages from my mom this week!  One was a whole lot of food and the other was a little white box.  The box contained a coloring crayon sharpener, among other things!  Jenna found out last night that the sharpener works amazingly well.  It was also nice to have snacks to eat again.  Thanks Mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment