Monday, September 13, 2010

That's What I Love About Sunday

Sunday was different here- in a not so good way. I got up and attended church (which was normal). The problem was, it was not my home church. I went to an Orthodox Presbyterian Church and the minister's preaching style and some of the songs were very different than at my church (not normal). I didn't know anyone at the church either, besides my friend. I realized that I REALLY MISS my church family. I took for granted all the great friends I made at church, both old and young a like. It was hard for me to walk into a church building and not have anyone to talk to before or after church. God blessed me with a wonderful church family back home! Next week Sunday I think I'll attend a different church in hope's of finding somewhere I fit in.


After church, I went into the lobby and there was a whole group of guys watching a football game on TV. I looked at who was playing and saw that it was the Lie-Down Lions! I couldn't believe all those people wanted to watch the Lions loose. But then I realized that they were playing the BEARS!! And that made me miss home...because I thought of how on Sunday afternoons my whole family (besides me) sits in the basement and watches the Bears play. So yes, Mom, Dad, Codi, and Collin, I do miss you sometimes ;-) I went outside and did homework and caught the end of the game. And do I even need to tell you what happen? Of course the Bears beat the Lions! What a great way to end a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment