Sunday, September 19, 2010

Strangers On a Train

Tonight I went to Chicago with some friends. I was going to stay in my room all night and do homework, but then Lette offered me a chance to hang out with herself and Aubrey. Given the choice- Chicago or homework- I chose Chicago! Really, what would you have done? Once we arrived downtown we walked to Millennium Park and visited the bean. We walked through a few stores on Michigan Avenue, too. Ghirardelli has the most amazing chocolate, as always! The sample of the day was carmel pumpkin spice! After a stop at Subway for dinner, we headed back. There were a bunch of people on the train, which was great because I enjoy people watching. I hate it though how when I look at someone, I make quick judgements about them. This one woman I saw looked very annoyed and unhappy. But then she got on the train, sat by me, and said very cheerfully, "I like your shoes!" I responded, "Thank you!" It turns out she wasn't unhappy and I had, in fact, misjudged her personality. Next time I'm on a train I won't try to analyze everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment